Comfort is something that is really important while I am knitting, but I can't knit in bed. Something about the bed being too comfortable or something like that just makes it altogether uninspiring for knitting. But onto the theme of comfort. I've found that there are a number of things that really put me in the knitting mood, and will ensure that I get a hell of a lot of quality knitting done. I've even made them in list form. Although, this list would best describe my ideal knitting surrounds, I suppose.
Matthew's Recipe for an Ideal Knitting Night
- The thing that I think will bring along the knitting process is a cold snap in the weather. Although, this doesn't mean to say that I won't knit without it being chilly, but it is hard to pick up the needles and yarn in 40 degree weather.
- I love to have a nice cup of tea, preferably a pot to last me a little while. Over at The Imperial Tea Garden, you can find many suggestions on how to brew yourself a perfect pot. A vital step in the perfect knitting afternoon or evening.
- Old School Movies also add to the feel of a perfect knitting night. Don't worry about all the new stuff in the cinema now, for me, knitting is a time when I can acquaint myself with a lot of movies a bit before my time. You want to find some great movies to watch? Check out the lists at I Check Movies. You can keep track of the ones you've already seen, and find some new flicks to watch.
- Now would be the time to grab out a nice warm blanket. You can find yourself a couple of blankets to queue at Ravelry as well.
- A bit of something to go with the tea never goes astray. Here, the choice really is yours, although personally, I would go for something on the sweet side. My favourite thing is to make some staple Finnish pulla, kind of like a sweet bread, but incredibly addictive.
And there you have it, a simple way to make my knitting time perfect. I'd love to hear what everyone out there does in order to get into the knitting 'mood', or to make the experience just right.
And with a bit of a sniffle, that is the end of blog week, it's been great folks