Saturday, September 17, 2011

Adjusting to the new interface

I'm not a hundred percent shore whether or not I like this new interface, I mean, sure it's more streamlined, but I suppose you just get accustomed to what you've been using for the past year or so, right?

Anyway, there hasn't been a whole lot of knitting or anything going on around here, I'm trying to settle down into holiday mode for the next two weeks, so I really have to pace myself. The great thing is that I have very little in the way of actual homework for uni (apart from having to watch a Spanish movie, but I don't really see that as homework), so I could theoretically get a lot of time to finish off a lot of the projects I have been working on.

Maidenhair is going fairly well, I only have one front side and one sleeve left to knit, which feels very satisfying. It was always such a large project, but it really does feel that I am definitely past the half-way mark now, and that every stitch I slip off from one needle to the other is just another one closer to being finished.

Don't get me wrong though, it is great to knit, because it isn't nearly as hard as it looks, but you get an amazing amount of knitting respect when you whip it out for other people to gaffaw over. It just kind of get's to that stage where you really are keen to start another medium-difficulty project, where you might be flicking through a couple of patterns and you just see one that you have to try immediately. 

I normally have about three different projects going at the one time, and at the moment, I've got Maidenhair as my medium difficulty, a simple fisherman's rib sweater as my easy one, and then the fiendishly difficult "Wedding Ring Shawl", which I practically never take out anywhere for fear that it could blow away in the wind. 


Anyway, tomorrow I will hopefully be going to the Chilean Festival at Fairfield showground, it should be pretty great, multicultural fairs normally are pretty interesting, plus it's a good excuse to hang out with friends and stuff like that, so hopefully I will have some pictures from that to share with you all.

x peace folks

No comments:

Post a Comment