Monday, September 12, 2011

So it's been a while

Hiya folks, it sure has been a heckuva long time since I have posted something here, but I think after a bit of a hiatus I should be ready to get back into the swing of blogging again.

Things, as always, are pretty hectic at the moment, although I picked some fairly easy subjects to get through at uni this semester, which gives me a little bit more time to do other things, like knitting and working and all those types of fun things.

Maidenhair is still going, and going. I swear, that thing is a yarn-devouring beast most of the time. I always find it quite interesting though, I've memorised the pattern (which is suprisingly easy to memorise) so I don't have to be looking off charts all of the time, but it's still enough to keep my interest up in what I'm knitting.

As for the language studying, I am working on getting down a bit more Hebrew and Arabic at the moment, it has always been a real aim for me to learn a couple of Semitic languages, and I think that I am really starting to make progress on the Arabic front. I don't really know why, I have just found Hebrew so much more easy to pick up, whereas I've probably been exposed to more Arabic, with it being fairly widely spoken in the local surrounds.
And then I'm also studying Polish at uni this semester, which is going alright. It's always the same with the first year language studies though, you can never express yourself nearly as well as you would like to, but it is really interesting getting to study a Slavic language as well, soon hopefully I will just be able to go from country to country in Europe and not really have to worry too much about not understanding anything.

And I don't know if I've put it on here, but my sister and I will be going to the United States and Canada at the end of December and through most of January, which I am so totally pumped about. I know that a lot of people would prefer to go in the summertime over there, but to go to New York and Canada in the wintertime is really just going to be amazing for me, although I think the cold might be a bit of a shock for my sister. She'll just have to get used to it though.

But it will really be great to get to use a lot of the things that I have been knitting for the non-existent cold weather over here in Australia, all the little mittens and hats that just sit in the cupboard waiting to be taken out and used.

So I think that pretty much wraps up a lot of the stuff that I have been doing lately, it has been crazily busy, but I'm kind of glad to say that the craziness has started to die down a little, just in time for the Christmas rush to begin again. I'm sure there is someone out there who is already counting down the weeks, but it is not going to be me for the moment.

Peace folks

No comments:

Post a Comment