Monday, June 27, 2011

Holidays

Ah.

I guess I can really now breathe a sigh of holiday relief, now that I am officially on uni break until next semester! I can now think of all the great things that I can do now that I have a whole lot of extra time on my hands. I wanted to write a bit of a list of all the things that I wanted to accomplish in my last month of teenage years, and so I really want to get a whole lot of those ticked off, but for the most part I'm hoping that there will be some pretty good times in the next few months. :D

And, for good measure, I have finally found a job which is exciting, even if it isn't a definite, ongoing type of thing. I'm just happy to have a bit of money coming in for the holiday in December and January, which will be awesome.


On to the knitting aspect of things, I am slowly cracking along with the Maidenhair coat, and I'll take a picture of it tomorrow in the nice sunlight. Sometimes though, it does feel like a bit of a task to get through, you know how it goes though. You check how long the piece is, then you knit for the rest of the night, and then you measure the back piece again, and it's only really grown another centimeter or so. Even though that is physically impossible, because you know that you've checked your gauge like a pro at the start of all this craziness anyway.

Either way, Maidenhair is making great progress, I really hope to get the back done in the next couple of days, which will be the biggest part of the project all done and dusted.

I also recently purchased one of the Wedding Ring Shawl patterns, and I am eagerly looking forward to its arrival in the mail, because I think it comes with a whole lot of wool and yarn samples as well, enough to make that mind boggle anyway. I know that the shawl will take a whole lot of time and patience to finish up, but it is going to be worth it.

And then I have been crocheting squares for a blankie that I have been making for a while whenever I have a little bit of free time too. So I think it's safe to assume that the next post I get around to doing should be photo-heavy. :D

peace for now x
matty

No comments:

Post a Comment