Tuesday, February 22, 2011

back to the uni life

And it's kind of pooped me out. I think that after 3 and a half months of holidays or whatever it was, I just wasn't ready for so much new information to enter my brain in one day. But it is nice to get back into the swing of things.

Either way, that hasn't stopped my knitting altogether, although I definitely can't do as much as i could, with 6 hours of classes today, but I can't really complain, it will give my poor hands a bit of a rest.
I have gotten a fairly good percentage of the scarf done, which means that I will have used up another 2 balls of stash yarn (just so I can go out and buy a bit more, but we'll get back to that a bit later) and I can start another little stash using project.

Here is pic of said scarf:



And I have even written in my planner that I am going to finish that scarf tomorrow. Which will be kind of nice. While I am happy with the design, I think if I were to make it again I would make several changes, especially because I was kind of lucky when I winged(wung?) the pattern, and came up with a cool cably design. And it turned out nice, it could just be...better. But for my first self designed item, I am rather happy with it.

Apart from scarf knitting, this has been my life for the past week or so too:

Yes. Glorious granny squares.
Now, I'm not really all that keen on ALL OF THOSE ENDS, but to be honest, my stash hasn't decreased this much in, like, ever. My hoards of wool is probably minute in comparison to others, but eh. I feel as though I should diminish the wool that I've got before I buy any more. And boy oh boy, do I have some plans for some more wool. But I will come to that in the next post.

Peace for now folks.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment