Thursday, February 24, 2011

Osterdalen

So, I've done a complete reversal in my thinking process, thanks mostly to my discovering something last night which I thought had been well and truly lost.

About 3 years ago or so, I had cast on a project for a little baby jumper, but after I had got up to the armholes, the pattern book seemingly just disappeared. Needless to say, I was quite distressed, and the the sweater was then frogged, and kind of forgotten about until yesterday, when lo and behold! I found the pattern.

It's Osterdalen, by Dale of Norway, and it is definitely something that I am looking forward to knitting up. I'm really intrigued by the bands of colour at all the edges, while I'm also looking forward to the endless chugging of knitting for the bulk of the body.

And so, with the opening of the new Spotlight over at Wetherill Park, and all of their stuff on special for the next few days, I decided that, what the heck, I might as well get into the project with a bit of gusto. Because, let's face it, I've been really good. I have diminished the yarn stash considerably, done a hundred little projects here and there, and so I think that I am ready for another sweater.

Needless to say, I got the wrong sized needles for the body, but not for the facing, so I've started that. But there isn't a whole lot that is photoworthy today, so I will add a couple of extra ones in the next post.

x peace

No comments:

Post a Comment