Sunday, September 26, 2010

To stop myself from eating an entire packet of shapes

I thought that i would try a little bit of blogging. It's always so easy to forgect that I actually have a blog that I should keep on updating, but at least I'm here now, which is all that matters.
Not that I have been doing anything that is remotely blogworthy at the moment, it's the normal holidays lull, and I'm just kind of frantically trying to meet up with all those people I haven't seen since the last uni break, because I know that if I don't, I probably won't see them until the end of term. GAH.
I've been brushing up on all the languages I haven't used for ages, which is normally what I tend to do every now and again, just so I can kind of keep up with all the new slang and stuff like that. It's kind of cool, and it doesn't take very long to do.

But I am really excited that it is finally starting to get a little warmer, although unfortunately in Australia Spring lasts for such a short time, and then we're into the scorching heat of summer.
Either way, right about now is probably the best time to start going to the beach again. I'm so looking forward to it, and I hope that I can hustle up a few other people to join me, because there really isn't a whole lot which is sadder than going for a day trip by yourself. It's kind of one of those places that you don't normally go to by yourself, probably because of the whole self image thing we've got going these days. People need their support bases to pull of bikinis and such, or so my experience has been.

OH. BUT I ALMOST FORGOT!
On Friday I had a picnic with Joel and Kurt, which was pretty awesome. I don't get to see them nearly as much as I would like to, which is kind of a shame, but it would definitely be good to do that more often. I was just a little pissy that I had work, and that I didn't have the time to go and visit Andrea as well. Which is probably something I should do soon as well. After a half term of nice courteous conversation with people I know at uni, it's kind of nice to not have to worry what I talk about with people for a change, which is something that I miss a fair bit, because I've always been able to do that with school, and then all of last year was just awesome in that respect. Just not having to worry about freaking people out with too much emotion and stuff like that is always something I'm really weary of at university, because I don't really want to scare people off by being exactly how I am in real life.
And now that I've written that down, I feel bad for doing that. But I think everyone does it though. I think that there is only a certain group of people, all my Canadians and Tom, that I know the best. And Adam, too, he's so easy to just pick things up with :D

And thus ends my very unexpectedly reminiscent blog post. I feel kind of bad, it was more for me than sharing with the public, but who reads this stuff anyway?

Anyway
x peace

No comments:

Post a Comment