Sunday, July 18, 2010

New Years Resolutions

So I thought, along with a birthday, I should make a good new life years' resolution, or something to that extent at least.

Something that I think will kind of be a little bit more attainable now that I've come across a good program for it is to run a mile in half an hour, and then just build on anything more from there. Ideally, it would be great it I could get into good shape by the time I turn twenty. Wishfull thinking, but I am going to try and work my guts out and see how it goes.

Anyway, the program that I've been looking at is called Couch to 5K, and you can find all the information you need here. It looks pretty good, building up your running repetoire slowly and it just keeps getting better and better. And I've heard of a lot of good stories about this program just by looking around a little bit, so I think that it is something that might give me a little bit more structure to exercise.

I think one of the best things about this is that it's free. Being unemployed and just being a student means that you often don't have a lot of money to spend on gym classes and stuff like that, so you just have to fend for yourself in terms of exercise structure, which is an ultimate deterrent. So having this kind of formality, and just setting it straight out, what you need to do and stuff like that, seems like a very promising kind of thing, you know?

And I probably won't post tomorrow, because it is my BIRTHDAY, hence all this rumination about resolutions and stuff.

Oh, on a little sidenote, i got the deluxe edition of Nigella Lawson's cooking series. I am so happy.
That actually may be my downfall to getting fit. Or maybe if I exercise a lot, I can eat more of the food I make. I think that I'll look at the glass half full here :D

Peace x

No comments:

Post a Comment