Saturday, March 27, 2010

Sorry for my brief period away, I had a busy couple of days.
Things are going pretty well, at the moment I'm passing all my university courses, and rather than getting cocky and thinking that I don't need to study anymore, all my good scores with all my tests so far, I have got a real surge of determination to study and do even better, which is really great. I love having the motivation to be able to do more studying, because most of the time I used to have trouble getting the motivation to do any work before.
So I was trawling the internet the other day, looking for some interesting stuff, when I found something that got me pretty excited, I must say. Anyone who knows me would know that I am a pretty big Harry Potter fan, so when I saw this news article, I was pretty excited.
Yes, that's right folks, there is going to be a Harry Potter theme park, just in case you didn't know. They must have kept it pretty well hidden from me, because apparently it's going to be ready to be opened on June 18th, which must mean that it was being built for a fair amount of time before hand.
Even though I would say that I am a pretty big Potter fan, I don't think I come nearly as close as this girl from Japan. I can acknowledge that I am a huge fan of Emma Watson, but even if I did get to meet her in the flesh, I would try and refrain from actually putting my hands on her face, and then go on to smell them. I think if it was the only chance I got to meet someone famous, the last thing I would want to do was weird them out. But maybe its just me.

And now we go on to a story about true love.
According to this, a male stork flew all the way from South Africa to Croatia to be with his handicapped stork-ess mate, as he has done so every year.
I think this is pretty amazing, and it really does show you how close the bonds are between animals. The fact that this guy stork could have stayed around in South Africa and could have the pick of any of the female storks there meant nothing to him, all he wanted to do was get back to the girl of his little stork dreams. And he even got back to Croatia a little earlier this year. Because the mother is incapacitated, he teaches all his little storklings how to fly and survive by themselves, and it makes you wonder why more of us couldn't be like this stork here. Just think how different it would be if we all took a page out of the storks' book...

No comments:

Post a Comment