Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Just a Quick One

So I thought that while I was sitting here in the library at uni (what a surprise there), I might as well do something constructive with my time and do another blog post.
It's still pretty dark and drizzly here in Sydney at the moment, and although everyone my be pretty gloomy because of the bad weather, you really don't see me complaining as much as all the others. The wonderful reason is, that with it raininig so much, people just don't seem to be willing to go outside and wait for the bus at a bus stop with no shelter. Which, as bad as it does sound, is really great for me.
The decreased numbers of people means that the bus time is drastically shorter, something which I am very pleased about, as it normally takes me on average roughly 1 to 1.5 hours to get to uni by bus in the mornings (normally in the afternoons it takes less than an hour). Plus there is more chance of getting a seat to yourself for the whole trip there, which in the morning is just a pure luxury that one does not often come across.
Thankfully, how ever, the crowded busses and trains here do not even compare to the crowdedness in other asian countries. I was kind of watching that video in half horror, I just really could not imagine anything worse than having a group of people trying to push me into a train where, obviously, I wasn't going to fit. So I suppose I should be grateful that we have a pretty small population here and that its alright to stand on the bus. At least you can move your arms about here.
So I think I will leave it at that for the moment, I have to go to my lecture now, but I hope to post a longer blog post tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment