Saturday, May 15, 2010

Dilemma

Don't you just hate it when Jonsi and Passion Pit are both playing in Sydney on the SAME DAY? Gah, this may be one of the most annoying decisions that I have had to make all year long. Well, not really, but it was a hard decision to make.
I was checking out all the shows coming up on last.fm, and on the 3rd page of my "suggested events", I glimpse that there is a concert by Jonsi on August 2nd. And I got so excited, I kind of did a little fall out of my chair. Just to finish off my search and be fully thorough, I clicked to see the next and final page. And to my delight and immediate horror, I realise that there is a Passion Pit concert scheduled for the very same day.

WHAT ARE THE ODDS! ARGH!

Anyway, after a longwinded sort of mental debate, I kind of decided that I would most like to go to the Passion Pit concert. I know that it is Jonsi and he has kind of gone off into his own thing, but I have already seen Sigur Ros once before with Andrea, and as good as that concert was, I just have never seen Passion Pit before and I've heard that they put on a really great concert. So Passion Pit it is.

And just to continue on with this theme of dilemma's, I do actually have another one mulling through my mind at the moment. After this first semester at uni, I think that I have come to terms with the fact that I think that Ancient History is just not going to cut it for me. As interesting as i do find it, I'm finding it hard warranting spending so much time and effort on something that really isn't going to benifit me a whole lot in the future.
I think that one major issue is that this unit is kind of like a compulsary unit, and it's on archaeology. I acknowledge that it is an important aspect of history, but I'm just really not getting into it like I thought I would. I just don't find it as engaging as some of my other subjects, even less so than linguistics. So I've kind of been looking at sort of shifting my degree over to Media, or perhaps making Spanish my major and then fiddle around with the other subjects for a little while. Anyway, for the next few weeks, I think I'll be giving it a good hard look. The problem is that next term we're going to be doing mythology in history, which does sound a little more fascinating than archaeology, but I just don't know.

Either way, at least I will have plenty to think about for the next little while, although I do think that I am going to lean towards doing media, I just think that it looks really interesting, and that there are a lot more things that I could do with a degree in Media than in Ancient History. BUT, im definitely NOT going to making any rash decisions about it. I will make sure to have a good many cups of tea thinking this one over :D

On a better note, we picked up the second car and it is pretty nifty, I like it a lot but I think that it will take a little bit of getting used to. But it is really cool ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment