Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Really Tired

It's been a pretty long day, so I will keep this blog post kind of short. Plus I'm pretty tired, and actually getting a good, full night's worth of sleep is very enticing at the moment.

I was mainly assignmenting today, nothing to interesting to be honest, but yeah. I think this is going to be like the final push before the end of semester, it kind of feels like it. I'll just have to keep plodding on, but I think that it should be all good.

But yeah, I've been listening to a lot of music by Vanessa Da Mata at the moment. I think that she's pretty awesome, one of the best singers I've heard in a long time and just really great to chill out to. Kind of like the ultimate studying music. Not so dulcent that I get so tired, it's got kind of a cool beat that keeps you going through all those long hours of learning Japanese vocabulary at 2 oclock in the morning if you can't sleep. Or something.

Anyway, now that I have kind of finished my part of the linguistics assignment, I can kind of breathe a bit of a sigh of relief, apart from the actual exams now, I don't think that I have a whole lot of assignments left. So I spose Ms Da Mata will go back into storage until my next stressed-out assignment time, although I think that I'll add all of her music to my commuting playlist, I could definitely see her as being part of the everyday listening on my ipod.

Another achievement for today is that I have blogged for about the fourth day in a row. I'm actually really enthused now that I have found my blogging gusto once more, it's a little bit exciting. Even if I don't have a lot to talk about at the moment, apart from how the Dari language is largely unrepresented in the local area, even though it is one of the largest ethnic minority languages here. But that would be boring, because that is assignment stuff. But i suppose what you take from that is that I am actually learning something at university, even if it is kind of passively, but regardless, things are going in my brain and actually staying there :D. I am mega-happy about that last bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment