Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Out of the Loop

It feels like, at the moment, I am one of the very very few that couldn't really be bothered to pay any attention to Underbelly, mainly just because it doesn't interest me in the slightest. In my opinion, we already have plenty of crime shows as it is, and the crime ridden underworld of Melbourne and Sydney just doesn't do it for me. I must admit that it is doing very well and yes, it does have thousands of fans, but yeah. Just putting it out there.

My second day back at uni was somewhat interesting, amazingly, through no effort of my own, all the stuff that i hurriedly copied down for my Egyptian Archaeology subject has somehow managed to remain orderly lodged in my brain. I think we may be witnessing a sheer miracle here. I didn't think that I would be able to retain more than a quarter of what we covered for history, due to it's sheer density, but a fair good chunk of it seems to have just slotted nicely into what now will be referred to as the 'pottery' part of my brain. It was quite nice to actually understand what the lecturer was talking about for a change.

Really apart from that not a whole lot happened today, a lot of tomfoolery on youtube and the normal, but when I start skulldugging around the internet I tend to end up finding something at least somewhat interesting. Like, for example, did you know that there is actually a puppet theatre in Sydney, where you can go watch different plays and stuff like that (although I think it is more geared towards those under the age of five, but nevertheless) or that there are many places here where you can play the honourable sport of Ping Pong professionally. Those were just a couple of the exciting examples which I came across today. I really should try and go for something a little bit more hard-hitting, but I'll start off with puppet theatres and table tennis and see how it goes from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment