Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sunday Posting

So I haven't been able to post for the last few days, and it does feel like I've somewhat neglected my blog for the past few days, but to be honest it was a pretty good weekend. Yesterday I had a job interview and test, which, hopefully, will turn out well, and I'll be working soon. Finally. So that was one of the main parts of excitement for the weekend.
Then last night I went to a party, and it was a lot of fun, I got to see a lot of people that I haven't seen for a long time, and I think a good time was had by all. Plus it was one of the rare occasions that Joel, Andrea, Michael and I are actually all together since I arrived back from Finland, which is always good. I do love all my new friends at uni, but it's just so much easier being able to hang out with old friends, not really having to worry about what you're going to talk about, or being afraid of being boring or something like that. But anyway, I think that that just about wraps up the weekend for now.

I think one of the things that being with my friends and talking a few things over for me is how determined I am to get a lot of the things on my wish list done, like learning how to surf, or going hang gliding, and the good thing is that those things are very do-able. Plus I think that I might be able to talk some people into joining me with a couple of the goals, but we'll see how that all pans out. What I also kind of "figured out" was that there is SO much more than those 10 things on the list that I would like to do, so eventually I'll just make a massive check list and sort of cross them off when I get them done. I'm kind of thinking of something Kurt-ish, I thinking reading his list of things he wants to do got me to make mine up in the first place, so thanks Kurt!

To kind of wrap this post up like the previous couple of ones, I've found something cool and fun to do here in Sydney, and it also goes with my list of goals. The i.S.K.A.T.E program, at the Monster Skatepark located in the Sydney Olympic Park, gives you the opportunity to learn how to skate in a graded type stage, starting at level i, then moving on to S, K, A levels and so on. I checked this out, and not only is it a lot closer to me than heading out to Manly for a skating lesson, but it seems to offer a lot more. There are group lessons which are for about $30, which seems pretty reasonable, so I think that I will definitely keep it in mind for when I want to give it a try, and it looks pretty good so check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment